- Published: Thursday, 30 March 2017 11:58
BHB will supply THE FIRST MASS SPECTROMETERS (PORTUGAL)
Acail Gas awarded the supply of mass spectrometers for its project to identify impurities in the ultra-pure gases that are produced in their industrial sites.
Mass spectrometry is a physical analytical technique to detect and identify molecules of interest by measuring its mass and characterizing its chemical structure.
The basic physical principle of a mass spectrometer consists in creating ions of organic compounds by a suitable method, separating them according to their mass/charge rate (m/z) and therefore detecting them qualitatively and quantitatively by their respective mass/load ratio and abundance.
The Mass Spectrometer for Industrial Gases has the following main characteristics:
- Monitor an unlimited number of components in real time;
- Customize the display, storage and delivery of the concentrations, intensities and derived values (calculated) of the components;
- Customize the monitoring process, being possible to choose simple ion monitoring or full scan of the mass range;
- Use multivariate analysis for better performance in complex matrices.
Since 1964, Extrel equipment has been recognized for its exceptional performance, precision and flexibility. Offering solutions for the needs of the largest and most prestigious researchers, its equipment is used by a scientific and industrial community including Nobel laureate researchers such as Dudley R. Herschbach and Yuan T. Lee (Chemistry 1985) and Mario Molina (Chemistry, 1995).
Based on the success of Extrel and the fact that it is represented exclusively by BHB, Acail Gas decided to award the supply of two units of the MX300-LG model for a project to detect and identify impurities in the manufacture of high-purity gases (6.0), namely, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide, Nitrogen, Argon, Acetylene and Nitrous Oxide.
Learn more about our mass spectrometry solutions by clicking here.