- Published: Tuesday, 24 March 2015 08:51
BHB REVAMPS HMI CONSOLES IN REN ARMAZENAGEM (PORTUGAL)
BHB supplied, installed, comissioned and started-up the second BARTEC Polaris HMI operation Console, in Carriço Site, on a revamping project for REN Armazenagem.
REN Group, whose main activity is to manage energy transmission systems, is one of the few European operators in both electricity and natural gas..
REN Armazenagem, totally owned by REN Group operates the underground natural gas Storage activity, that comprises the reception, compression, underground storage, depressurization and drying of natural gas to further delivery to the transmission network. The Natural gas Underground Storage facilities in Carriço Site consist of five natural gas storage caverns in a salt dome formation and one surface gas station for the entire compound. The actual storage capacity is about 238,6 Mm3.
BHB was invited to renew the Human-Machine Interface (HMI) operation consoles of the site, namelly the former BARTEC Polaris HMI opeartion consoles.
The new BARTEC Polaris BASIC Console have as key-features:
- Robustness and reliability associated with long periods of operation;
- Alphanumeric keyboard (12 keys with extra functions, fully configurable);
- Operating temperature between 0°C and +50°C;
- Interfaces RS422/485 or PROFIBUSDP;
- Front TFT color;
- Front pocket;
- Intrinsically safe USB interface;
- Direct connection in explosive areas.
For more information on Automation and Enterprise Mobility, click here.